The Region VIII Infertility Prevention Project (IPP) ended in June 2013. From 1982-2013, JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc./Denver (JSI/Denver) successfully lead the project through funding received from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Further information about the Region VIII IPP and other JSI projects can be obtained on JSI.com.
Many of the resources from this site were incorporated into the new STDRHTTAC project for Regions VII and VIII, called SHRP-TTAC http://shrpttac.jsi.com.
Click on document title to download
- Documents that reflect the high-level national and state support for use of EPT
Legal/Policy Toolkit for Adoption and Implementation of Expedited Partner Therapy (EPT)
The Legal/Policy Toolkit for Adoption and Implementation of Expedited Partner Therapy (EPT) is available on CDC’s EPT website. It includes the following four tools:
(1) Sample State Legislative Language on Liability Issues Related to Expedited Partner Therapy;
(2) Discussion of Selected Issues Related to Practitioners’ Liability for Harms to Partners Through Expedited Partner Therapy; (3) Frequently Asked Questions: Health Information Privacy for Physicians, Pharmacists, and Other Healthcare Practitioners Concerning Expedited Partner Therapy; and
(4) Considerations for Drafting and Implementing Legislation and Regulations Concerning Expedited Partner Therapy.
As you use this Toolkit, please keep in mind that it is not designed to provide specific legal guidance or advice. Before using the information in this Toolkit you should seek the assistance of official state and local legal counsel.
Colorado Board of Medical Examiners Policy
Colorado State Board of Pharmacy Policy
Dear Colleague Letter from Denver Health
Dear Colleague Letter from Chief Medical Officer, State of Colorado
Colorado poster on EPT - 2008 STD Prevention Conference
- Journal articles related to EPT
Expedited Partner Therapy for Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Assessing the Legal Environment. American Journal of Public Health, February 2008, Vol 98, No. 2: 238-243
Talking Points: Expedited Partner Therapy for Sexually Transmitted Diseases. The Healthy States Initiative-A partnership to promote public health
What State Legal Provisions Say About Expedited Partner Therapy. Healthy States Quarterly; p.6; Spring 2007
Chlamydia Screening and Treatment: Legislator Policy Brief. The Healthy States Initiative-A partnership to promote public health