Welcome New Member! This section of the site will provide an overview of the IPP project, your role, and the activities in the Region VIII states.
To get you started, you can view a 3-part orientation to IPP. To listen to the audio and view the accompanying slide presentations for each of the 3 webinar recordings, click on the appropriate link:
INTRODUCTION TO IPP
This webinar gives a broad overview and introduction to the IPP (35 minutes):
This webinar provides an overview of the data systems and processes for the IPP project in Region VIII (48 minutes):
In this webinar, Dr. Rick Steece provides an introduction to laboratory services for the IPP project (40 minutes):
Project Requirements and Expectations
The Region VIII Regional Advisory Committee is responsible for the following activities occurring at state and locals levels, in accordance with the Region VIII Service Guidelines:
- Clinical services including screening women for chlamydia and providing appropriate treatment, counseling, referral, and partner management;
- State and local capacity building, including development of information systems and laboratory support systems; and
- Participation and collaboration with the Regional Infertility Prevention Projects.
Infertility Prevention Projects, funded by CDC, are developed by STD program partners. Collaboration must embody Family Planning and Laboratory partners in the applicant’s area and should include:
- A recently dated letter that provides evidence of collaboration and concurrence with Title X Family Planning partner(s).
- A reviewed IPP funding application and budget by the Regional IPP Coordinator, two weeks prior to submission to the CDC.
To honor Project participation, Region VIII’s Regional Advisory Committee members are expected to:
- Attend the regional Infertility Prevention Project Meeting, currently convened once a year.
- Participate in work groups, the executive committee (as appropriate), and conference calls, as the need arises.
- Submit data to JSI R&T on a timely and regular basis.
- Identify appropriate entities/groups as collaborative partners to maximize the Project’s external relationships.
- Partake in the development and implementation of the Regional Plan.